INDICATOR-SCAN DNS version.bind string information disclosure attempt
Windows DNS Server allows a denial of service vulnerability when Microsoft Windows Server 2008 SP2 and R2 SP1, Windows Server 2012 Gold and R2, and Windows Server 2016 are configured to answer version queries, aka "Windows DNS Server Denial of Service Vulnerability".
CVSS base score 5.9
CVSS impact score 3.6
CVSS exploitability score 2.2
- microsoft windowsserver2008 -
- microsoft windowsserver2008 r2
- microsoft windowsserver2012 -
- microsoft windowsserver2012 r2
- microsoft windowsserver2016 -
Ease of attack
Upgrade to the latest non-affected version of the software.
Apply the appropriate vendor supplied patches.
- Talos research team.
- This document was generated from data supplied by the national vulnerability database, a product of the national institute of standards and technology.
- For more information see nvd.