OS-WINDOWS Microsoft GDI PolyTextOutW out of bounds memory write attempt
The Graphics component in the kernel in Microsoft Windows Vista SP2; Windows Server 2008 SP2 and R2 SP1; and Windows 7 SP1 allows local users to gain privileges via a crafted application, aka "Windows Graphics Elevation of Privilege Vulnerability."
CVSS base score 7.0
CVSS impact score 5.9
CVSS exploitability score 1.0
- microsoft windows_7 *
- microsoft windowsserver2008 *
- microsoft windowsserver2008 r2
- microsoft windows_vista *
Ease of attack
Upgrade to the latest non-affected version of the software.
Apply the appropriate vendor supplied patches.
- Talos research team.
- This document was generated from data supplied by the national vulnerability database, a product of the national institute of standards and technology.
- For more information see nvd.