OS-WINDOWS Microsoft Windows DDI privilege escalation attempt
The kernel-mode drivers in Microsoft Windows 10 Gold, 1511, and 1607 and Windows Server 2016 allow local users to gain privileges via a crafted application, aka "Win32k Elevation of Privilege Vulnerability." This vulnerability is different from those described in CVE-2017-0024, CVE-2017-0026, CVE-2017-0056, CVE-2017-0078, CVE-2017-0079, CVE-2017-0081, and CVE-2017-0082.
CVSS base score 7.8
CVSS impact score 5.9
CVSS exploitability score 1.8
- microsoft windows_10 -
- microsoft windows_10 1511
- microsoft windows_10 1607
- microsoft windowsserver2016 *
Ease of attack
Upgrade to the latest non-affected version of the software.
Apply the appropriate vendor supplied patches.
- Talos research team.
- This document was generated from data supplied by the national vulnerability database, a product of the national institute of standards and technology.
- For more information see nvd.