OS-WINDOWS Microsoft Windows GDI invalid EMF cbBitsSrc memory disclosure attempt
gdi32.dll in Graphics Device Interface (GDI) in Microsoft Windows Vista SP2, Windows Server 2008 SP2 and R2 SP1, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 Gold and R2, Windows RT 8.1, and Windows 10 Gold, 1511, and 1607 allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive information from process heap memory via a crafted EMF file, as demonstrated by an EMR_SETDIBITSTODEVICE record with modified Device Independent Bitmap (DIB) dimensions. NOTE: this vulnerability exists because of an incomplete fix for CVE-2016-3216, CVE-2016-3219, and/or CVE-2016-3220.
CVSS base score 5.5
CVSS impact score 3.6
CVSS exploitability score 1.8
- microsoft windows_10 -
- microsoft windows_10 1511
- microsoft windows_10 1607
- microsoft windows_7 *
- microsoft windows_8.1 *
- microsoft windowsrt8.1 *
- microsoft windowsserver2008 *
- microsoft windowsserver2008 r2
- microsoft windowsserver2012 -
- microsoft windowsserver2012 r2
- microsoft windowsserver2016 *
- microsoft windows_vista *
Ease of attack
Upgrade to the latest non-affected version of the software.
Apply the appropriate vendor supplied patches.
- Talos research team.
- This document was generated from data supplied by the national vulnerability database, a product of the national institute of standards and technology.
- For more information see nvd.