DELETED SMTP Exchange MODPROPS denial of service attempt
The Exchange Collaboration Data Objects (EXCDO) functionality in Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 SP3, 2003 SP1 and SP2, and 2007 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via an Internet Calendar (iCal) file containing multiple X-MICROSOFT-CDO-MODPROPS (MODPROPS) properties in which the second MODPROPS is longer than the first, which triggers a NULL pointer dereference and an unhandled exception.
CVSS base score 7.8
CVSS impact score 6.9
CVSS exploitability score 10.0
- microsoft exchange_server 2000
- microsoft exchange_server 2003
- microsoft exchange_server 2007
Ease of attack
Upgrade to the latest non-affected version of the software.
Apply the appropriate vendor supplied patches.
- Talos research team.
- This document was generated from data supplied by the national vulnerability database, a product of the national institute of standards and technology.
- For more information see nvd.