DELETED NETBIOS DCERPC DIRECT-UDP msdtc BuildContextW little endian object call overflow attempt
The MIDLuserallocate function in the Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) proxy (MSDTCPRX.DLL) allocates a 4K page of memory regardless of the required size, which allows attackers to overwrite arbitrary memory locations using an incorrect size value that is provided to the NdrAllocate function, which writes management data to memory outside of the allocated buffer.
CVSS base score 5.0
CVSS impact score 2.9
CVSS exploitability score 10.0
- microsoft windows_2000 *
- microsoft windows2003server 64-bit
- microsoft windows2003server itanium
- microsoft windows2003server r2
- microsoft windows2003server sp1
- microsoft windows_xp *
Ease of attack
Upgrade to the latest non-affected version of the software.
Apply the appropriate vendor supplied patches.
- Talos research team.
- This document was generated from data supplied by the national vulnerability database, a product of the national institute of standards and technology.
- For more information see nvd.