FILE-FLASH Adobe Flash Player ActionScript NetConnection type confusion attempt
This event is generated when an attacker attempts to exploit a type confusion vulnerability in Adobe Flash Player.
Attempted User Privilege Gain
CVSS base score 8.8
CVSS impact score 5.9
CVSS exploitability score 2.8
Confidentiality Impact HIGH
Integrity Impact HIGH
Availability Impact HIGH
Rule checks for attempts to exploit a type confusion vulnerability in Adobe Flash Player.
CVE-2018-5007: Adobe Flash Player 184.108.40.206 and earlier versions have a Type Confusion vulnerability. Successful exploitation could lead to arbitrary code execution in the context of the current user.
- adobe flash_player 220.127.116.11
- adobe flashplayerdesktop_runtime 18.104.22.168
- redhat enterpriselinuxdesktop 6.0
- redhat enterpriselinuxserver 6.0
- redhat enterpriselinuxworkstation 6.0
Ease of attack
- Cisco's Talos Intelligence Group