OS-WINDOWS Microsoft Windows 10 RS2 x64 linked cursor double free attempt
Microsoft Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 10 Gold, 1511, 1607, and 1703, and Windows Server 2016 allow an attacker to run processes in an elevated context when the Windows kernel improperly handles objects in memory, aka "Win32k Elevation of Privilege Vulnerability." This CVE ID is unique from CVE-2017-8468.
CVSS base score 7.8
CVSS impact score 5.9
CVSS exploitability score 1.8
- microsoft windows_10 1511
- microsoft windows_10 1607
- microsoft windows_10 1703
- microsoft windows_8.1 *
- microsoft windows_8.1 rt
- microsoft windowsserver2012 r2
- microsoft windowsserver2016 -
Ease of attack
Upgrade to the latest non-affected version of the software.
Apply the appropriate vendor supplied patches.
- Talos research team.
- This document was generated from data supplied by the national vulnerability database, a product of the national institute of standards and technology.
- For more information see nvd.