OS-WINDOWS Microsoft Win32k kernel memory leak attempt
The kernel-mode drivers in Windows Server 2008 SP2 and R2 SP1, Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2012 Gold allow a local authenticated attacker to execute a specially crafted application to obtain kernel information, aka "Win32k Information Disclosure Vulnerability."
CVSS base score 4.7
CVSS impact score 3.6
CVSS exploitability score 1.0
- microsoft windows_7 *
- microsoft windowsserver2008 *
- microsoft windowsserver2008 r2
- microsoft windowsserver2012 -
Ease of attack
Upgrade to the latest non-affected version of the software.
Apply the appropriate vendor supplied patches.
- Talos research team.
- This document was generated from data supplied by the national vulnerability database, a product of the national institute of standards and technology.
- For more information see nvd.