OS-WINDOWS Microsoft Windows NtTraceControl information disclosure attempt
The Windows kernel in Microsoft Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows RT 8.1, Windows 10 Gold, 1511, 1607, 1703, and Windows Server 2016 allows authenticated attackers to obtain sensitive information via a specially crafted document, aka "Windows Kernel Information Disclosure Vulnerability," a different vulnerability than CVE-2017-0175, CVE-2017-0220, and CVE-2017-0258.
CVSS base score 4.7
CVSS impact score 3.6
CVSS exploitability score 1.0
- microsoft windows_10 -
- microsoft windows_10 1511
- microsoft windows_10 1607
- microsoft windows_10 1703
- microsoft windows_8.1 *
- microsoft windowsrt8.1 -
- microsoft windowsserver2012 r2
- microsoft windowsserver2016 -
Ease of attack
Upgrade to the latest non-affected version of the software.
Apply the appropriate vendor supplied patches.
- Talos research team.
- This document was generated from data supplied by the national vulnerability database, a product of the national institute of standards and technology.
- For more information see nvd.