OS-WINDOWS Microsoft Win32k privilege escalation attempt
An elevation of privilege vulnerability exists in Windows 10 when the Windows kernel-mode driver fails to properly handle objects in memory. An attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability could run arbitrary code in kernel mode, aka "Win32k Elevation of Privilege Vulnerability." This CVE ID is unique from CVE-2017-0188.
CVSS base score 7.8
CVSS impact score 5.9
CVSS exploitability score 1.8
- microsoft windows_10 *
- microsoft windows_10 1511
- microsoft windows_10 1607
- microsoft windows_10 1703
- microsoft windowsserver2016 *
Ease of attack
Upgrade to the latest non-affected version of the software.
Apply the appropriate vendor supplied patches.
- Talos research team.
- This document was generated from data supplied by the national vulnerability database, a product of the national institute of standards and technology.
- For more information see nvd.