FILE-IMAGE GDI+ malformed EMF description out of bounds read attempt
The Graphics Device Interface (GDI) in Microsoft Windows Vista SP2; Windows Server 2008 SP2 and R2 SP1; Windows 7 SP1; Windows 8.1; Windows Server 2012 Gold and R2; Windows RT 8.1; and Windows 10 Gold, 1511, and 1607 allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive information from process memory via a crafted web site, aka "GDI+ Information Disclosure Vulnerability." This vulnerability is different from those described in CVE-2017-0060 and CVE-2017-0073.
CVSS base score 4.7
CVSS impact score 3.6
CVSS exploitability score 1.0
- microsoft windows_10 -
- microsoft windows_10 1511
- microsoft windows_10 1607
- microsoft windows_7 *
- microsoft windows_8.1 *
- microsoft windowsrt8.1 *
- microsoft windowsserver2008 *
- microsoft windowsserver2008 r2
- microsoft windowsserver2012 -
- microsoft windowsserver2012 r2
- microsoft windows_vista *
Ease of attack
Upgrade to the latest non-affected version of the software.
Apply the appropriate vendor supplied patches.
- Talos research team.
- This document was generated from data supplied by the national vulnerability database, a product of the national institute of standards and technology.
- For more information see nvd.