WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES SOURCEFIRE COLLECT?
The information we gather from users enables us to personalize and improve our content and services. We currently collect the following types of information from our customers.
Personal Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our Web Site or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected includes: company name, company contact name and title, company address, company contact email address, company telephone and facsimile number, company website URL, hardware and software information, total users at main location and company current proxy solutions. Sourcefire has highlighted the fields within the forms located throughout the Web Site that are minimally required for you to complete in order for Sourcefire to provide you with the most complete content and/or service. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as responding to your requests for certain content and services, identifying you, and communicating with you about specials and new products.
Personal Information you provide us may also include other information when needed to provide a service you request. For example, if you choose to become a registered user or a subscriber, we may request other personal information such as: name, address, telephone number, credit card number and shipping information. When you buy or license a new product or service, we may ask you to register your transaction electronically. When you do, we keep this registration information on file with any information you have already given us on previous visits to our Web Site. This is considered your personal profile.
Personal Information Collected Automatically:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our Web Site. Sourcefire automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, Sourcefire cookie information, and the page you requested.
- Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site and its components, similar to TV ratings that indicate how many people watched a particular show. Sourcefire only uses this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how often users access parts of the Web Site so that we can make the Web Site appealing to as many users as possible, and improve the content.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit web sites anonymously. While Sourcefire will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
We will send you email communications to inform you about specials, product updates, new products, or provide you with field alerts notices and newsletters only if you specifically elect to receive such correspondence. If you do not affirmatively elect to receive such correspondence, we will not send you any of the above information. If you do elect to receive such correspondence and you later decide that you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, you may (i) follow the‚ "Unsubscribe‚" option located at the end of any newsletter received by you from Sourcefire, (ii) update your settings by logging into Snort.org and updating your preferences and or (iii) simply contact Sourcefire and we will update our records accordingly.
Personal Information From Other Sources:
For purposes such as improving personalization of our content and/or service, we may receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. Sourcefire cookies do not collect Personal Information, and we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other Personal Information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or email address is.
Will Sourcefire share any of the Personal Information it Receives?
Keeping your Personal Information private is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share your Personal Information only with those personnel responsible for managing the Web Site.
Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide content or services to you. Examples include sending email/removing repetitive information from user lists/analyzing data/processing credit card payments/and providing user support. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.
Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Sourcefire, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Sourcefire goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquiror of Sourcefire or its assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Is Personal Information about me secure?
Your Snort.org account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to ensure authorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software to protect the security of your Personal Information during transmission. This software encrypts all of the information you input.
What Personal Information Can I Access?
Sourcefire allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information. This list will change as our Web Site changes.
You may access "User Preferences" by visiting https://www.snort.org/account to view and update your information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information to use, even though it may be needed to make a purchase or take advantage of certain Snort.org features.
- You are able to add or update certain information on pages, such as those listed in the "What Personal Information Can I Access" section above. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You may request termination of your Snort.org account by sending an email to email@example.com. Please note that some information may remain in our records after termination of your account. Such information may include, but not be limited to, company name, company contact name and title, company address, company contact email address, company telephone and facsimile number.
Sourcefire respects the sensitive nature of children's privacy online. We are a general audience site, and do not direct any of our content specifically at children under thirteen (13) years of age. We have implemented procedures to ensure that if we obtain actual knowledge of a child's personal information we will take steps to delete that information. In addition, if Sourcefire knows that a user is under age 13, we will NOT: (i) deliberately collect online contact information from that user without prior parental consent, except where used to respond directly to the child's request; (ii)deliberately collect personally identifiable offline contact information from that user without prior parental consent; (iii) deliberately give that user the ability to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable information without prior parental consent; (iv) distribute to third parties any personally identifiable information of that user without prior parental consent; and (v) entice that user by the prospect of a special game, prize or other activity, to divulge more information than is needed to participate in the activity.
©2009 Sourcefire, Inc. All rights reserved.
SNORT® and SOURCEFIRE™
Questions or Concerns